Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just some thoughts

I have not blogged in quite sometime and thought I would just do some typing of some thoughts that have come to mind lately.

First I am so thankful I serve a God that is everywhere all the time. I am sitting in a coffee shop and I got up to refill my coffee and when i came back God prompted a woman in the store to bless me with a gift. I am so amazed and thankful for God.

For the past 5 days I have been seeking after the will of God and what he desires in all the ministries I am involved in. As a fallen vessel i know that it is difficult to be in His will all the time and all i want to do is be used by Him to get His glory. During this searching I have come to the point of compassion for the church bodies that seem to be missing out on the agenda of God for their own agenda. Some might say I am judging with a plank in my eye but the reality is our staff already knows we fail in some ways doing this thing called church. As a staff we know that God's hand is on the institution of church and we have to do our best to be humble before Him and open with each other so God's agenda is accomplished and not man's. We stress about #'s sometimes but the reality is we are not going to sell out on what the Gospel is for the tickling of man's ears. I am so thankful for that. I have watched services this past week and i am amazed why people would even be there. While watching I was about to throw up with bad theology being sung, no life in service and it just seems to be going through the motions. I do not know how people can come together as a cooperate body and not be excited that God has called them from death to life. THANK ABOUT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CALLED UPON JESUS AS THEIR SAVIOR. God saved you a nasty, depraved person, FOR HIS GLORY... IF THAT DOES NOT GET YOU TO BE EXCITED ABOUT GOD I AM NOT SURE YOU ARE SAVED! Some might say that is strong language but Jesus is not an add on, HE IS THE END. JESUS IS WHAT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT NOT A STEPPING STONE TO SOMETHING BETTER.

If you realize that Jesus gets you something, but Jesus is everything then there is such freedom in that. That means you don't lose Him or He does not lose you. That means that it is not a bunch of rules and check list but an authentic relationship that is always growing. This means that things religious people call evil are not evil in themselves unless scripture clearly says so. For example witch craft = evil, Sexual immorality = evil, making other things objects of worship = evil.

I get amazed how so many people do not want to grow in their maturity of Christ so they are no longer that weaker brother mentioned in 1 Cor. So many people look at meats from idols and give them power instead of realizing that they are not evil. I laugh at how many people consider the internet as evil, instead of a tool. I realize that if you are reading this you don't see that the internet is evil but maybe you are doing this in secret which means you are not being honest so now you are participating in something wrong because you are bearing false witness to somebody.

Bottom line, the lost world is not in the 4 walls of the church - they are out in the streets, coffee houses, movie theaters, on the internet, and you neighbor. The question is how are you being like Christ in Luke 7:34 or are you being the brood of vipers Christ called out.

If you have a comment rock on and leave them.

No comments: